i was riding the train this morning and out of the corner of my eye there was what looked to be a mop sitting in the corner… i thought, “self, surely there is not a mop on MARTA this morning” and in fact, i was sadly correct. there was no mop sitting there but instead, a beautiful young lady who apparently was struggling with the natural hair dilemma that most of us do. i’m all for learning new things as it pertains to hair, just not when i’m going to be at work that day.
and of course everyone has the occasional bad hair (even ladebelle does), occasional should not be everyday… i mean, they make hair ties, wigs, and weaves (which will need to be an entry of it’s own) for that! i too have struggled with what is appropriate for work with my naturally curly hair…
so for all those who are in/have been in this boat, i’ve created a list of telltale signs that your hair is not appropriate for work:
- your hair resembles a mop (the obvious)
- it looks like your hair had a fight with a comb and the winner is still undetermined
- the average onlooker can’t tell if your hair is trying to lock itself or not
- it looks like there are cornflakes or other “accessories” in there
- people walking past stare in awe of your hair
now i’m not saying that you have to tame in such a way that’s unnatural or is just not you… but definitely make sure it’s appropriate for your work and your lifestyle…
great website for natural hair? www.naturallycurly.com
get that shit together though!!!